Sunday, March 4, 2012

Leopard Print Chair

We needed a chair for the hearth area in our kitchen, to be placed to the right of the leather chair shown below, replacing an  old chair we have now (the second photo shows my Dober boy Max in the chair being replaced).



As an aside, I am showing old photos of the space because presently the area rug is pulled, the furniture is shoved against walls and doggie fences/gates are up.  This is because Henry, one of our Doberman pups, swallowed part of a rope toy and had to have emergency abdominal surgery for a bowel obstruction.  It was a big operation and because of his post-op activity instructions, we have had to restrict him to the kitchen and hearth area till he heals.  (See pic of Henry below... with a big shave job and a very large incision).  I mention this and  publish his picture only to show the potential dangers that rope toys, or any toy whose parts can be swallowed, can pose to pets. I certainly was naiive.


Anyway, here is the chair I purchased. It is a wing back that is upholstered in a textured leopard print fabric with two different leathers and nail head trim. The size and shape are good and I like that it has interesting lines but isn't too fussy. It is really comfortable, too. 


Here is a close up of the pattern of the fabric. You can sort of see the texture of the fabric in the second image (and a Dober head popping up at the perimeter of the doggie fence).


Below is a side view showing the croc embossed leather on the outer side arms and a view of the nail head trim. 

Below is a close up of the lumbar pillow... love the  fabric and the trim.  On the other side of the pillow is the leopard print fabric.

And the back, with more croc embossed leather.


 Below shows the chair in place.  It is hard to show how the chair really looks in the space until I can put the area rug down and the other furniture back in place, but will post pics when I do, which will be in a week when Henry is off his activity restriction. Although I was concerned that the fabric and finishing of the chair might compete with the surrounding pieces and overwhelm the small hearth area, I am glad I purchased it because I think it works.



 
Linking to:

22 comments:

  1. oh my gracious! The back of that chair is stunning!

    Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that chair!!! Poor, poor Henry. I hope he's back to normal soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome chair. I love the fabric, style shape, everything! Every room needs a little animal print!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since my favorite color is brown, I adore everything about your spaces. This chair is amazing - love, love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful chair!! I love your home too!! I found you on Under the Table and Dreaming. I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ADORE this chair!!! I love anything with an animal print. PLEASE share where you purchased it! Beautiful!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love loveeee this chair, your home is gorgeous. I am glad I found your blog, Happy to become a follower. Please stop by and visit me anytime.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't get over your floor plan...it's so open and stunning!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lori
    it looks perfect! I love the textures and colors and who doesn't love animial prints? As always you did a top notch job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a gorgeous home and the leopard print chair is to.die.for! I am in love with leopard print. Sorry to hear about your dober. Hope he heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOOVE the chair! Sorry to hear about Henry!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous chairs and poor doggie. Thanks for sharing at Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous chair! I love the different leathers, fabric and nailhead trim, and the lumbar pillow is adorable, just the right size. I really like your side table.I can't wait to see what you do next! Such a beautiful home!

    How is Henry enjoying his freedom? I bet Rex is sure happy to have someone to play with.
    Would love to see more pictures of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lori - First, I'm so sorry to hear about Henry. I'm sure he'll be back to normal in no time. Such a handsome boy (Max too!!).

    Second, LOVE the new chair - anything with croc leather and nail head trim has my heart.

    xo
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the heads up about rope toys and Henry. I hope he's doing well now.
    Love the chair! I enjoy your home/photos. It's nice to see an interior not all white washed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your Leopard print chair works perfectly. And thank you for sharing us about the rope toys! Hopefully by this time, Henry is fully recovered.

    Blessings & Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have seen this chair online, but can not find out who makes it. Can you please tellme the maker?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can anyone tell me where to find leopard fabric like what's on this chair, I've searched everywhere

      Delete
  18. Where did you purchase these chairs? Love them !!

    ReplyDelete