Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Working on the Kitchen Dining Area: Kitchen Dining End Chairs

Our kitchen dining set with stained wood and upholstered leather chairs seemed blah, boring, one note...   


...too much brown.
 
To fix this, my thoughts were to add an area rug and get end chairs that are different. When I saw this wing back chair I thought a pair might be interesting as end chairs. I liked the lines and the height...  at 52 1/2" the chair is 4" taller than our current kitchen dining chairs.
 
 

 It was a nice chair, but it had too much brown, the color I wanted to avoid. After looking at various fabric and leather options, I ordered a  pair upholstered with hair on hide, shaved in a zebra-like pattern. I didn't go crazy with color, but went with a bold pattern. This is the hide sample:

 
After several weeks they arrived: 

The chairs have hair on hide, except for the seats and the arm rests, which are leather.  The same leather with nail head trim runs down the front of the wings and below the arms...
 
 
 
The white part of the hide is shorn hair and the dark part is shaved down to the hide. This close up of  kind of shows this:
 
 Side view...
 
Back view... 
 
The chairs at the kitchen table....

I am looking for an area rug and am still deciding whether I am going to keep the wing chairs at the table or not. A bonus of the chairs not actually being dining chairs is that I can use them elsewhere as occasional seating.


Linking to:

Motivated Monday at Be Colorful
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home



 




























 
 
















 

 




9 comments:

  1. I love love LOVE those new end chairs!!!!
    Fabulous!!!!
    Love/hugs/blessings,
    Lana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love your new chairs. They have such a fabulous and graceful style to them and the hide is such a great unexpected delight. They are wonderful. Thanks so much for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them at the table! nice break up from all the brown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorge! I love a woman that isn't afraid to go bold and take a risk. :D Nicely done.
    Thanks for sharing on BeColorful.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy since I last stopped by. I love the chairs and especially all the wonderful windows. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chairs. Can I ask what brand they are. I have been looking for a high wing chair that could be special ordered with a particular color leather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angela, the chairs are from Massoud. Another company that hs a very similar chair with other leather options is Paul Robert.

      Delete
    2. Angela, the chairs are from Massoud. Another company that hs a very similar chair with other leather options is Paul Robert.

      Delete